Friday, May 25, 2012

Use Your Sword

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NKJV Again, I find the words of Joyce Meyer so right on! As I've said before, I try to read her Confident Woman Daily Devotional everyday. "No, Satan, I am good in God. I am not good in myself, but His goodness dwells in me, and He has a good plan for my life. I have overcome my past because I have let go of what lies behind and am pressing on to the good things that lie ahead," "Speaking the truth of God's Word to the devil is the only way to see a mind-set change. Bring your thoughts into line with the Word and press on toward the good things He has in store for you. The choice is yours!" Joyce Meyer. This reminds me of a bible study I was in years ago. The leader of the group always said "Satan, get behind me!" She said she told herself that several times a day, I always got a kick out that. But you know what? It works. And it has stuck with me all these years. If I find myself with negative thoughts or actions, I often whisper to myself-"Satan, get behind me!" Like Joyce says, choose God's Word to defeat the enemy! Get behind me Satan! You dirty dog! :) God Bless!

No comments: