Monday, August 4, 2014

The Challenge

After pondering several scriptures and trying to pick one to memorize I realized I have a few really good ones already embedded on this old brain. Yea! A few come to mind-the most important of all-John 3:16 (I suggest if you do not know this verse, memorized it today!) Also Philippians 4:13 and John 14:6. The scripture I chose to memorize this week is Ephesians 2: 8 & 9. I know, it's 2 verses, but they have to go together, they just do. I am cheating a little with this, because I am so familiar with this verse, I've read it a thousand times, but realized if someone asked me if I could recite Ephesians 2: 8-9 I would not be able to. So here I go. 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast." It means that doing good things will not get you to Heaven. The only way to Heaven is by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. By God's grace you will receive salvation.

No comments: