Monday, May 9, 2011

Harlean Emails.....

God is good! Harlean made it through surgery! Everything went well. They put in a temporary heart pump without difficulty. Then they went to repair the tear and after clearing away the blood clots the dr. could not find it! He told us it probably healed itself! Yea right.....MIRACLE! She came out of this deal better than we could have expected. Her vitals are all good, no infection, lungs working, etc.
We are all exhausted, emotional and filled with hope. We know she has a long way to go, and we know there can be complications, "one day at a time".
I am not going to give a sermon.....but we have all been praying and asking God for miracles. Then when we get what we ask for we often don't look at it as a miracle, what is up with that? I KNOW that today was a day of miracles, and I am so grateful and in awe of this whole journey......so please keep the prayers coming, but today give THANKS-because HE heard them!
Love you all, diane

Hi to all....
Once again, thank you from all of us for your continued prayers for my sister. It is overwhelming and so appreciated. Comforting to know how much we are loved, especially my sister.
I wish I had good news to report, however so grateful we still have hope. She is stable but critical, her numbers (blood pressure, liver enzymes,dialysis) etc. are coming around, a little better-baby steps. She has to get all these much better so she can have heart surgery to repair her heart, she has a long road ahead. One we are all willing to travel with her. We all believe in miracles, as we have seen one already-she is still here.
Two cardiologists have said most people would not have survived this. We are allowed to go in and see her 2 at a time every hour. The staff at the hospital are so amazing and kind, they frequently break the rules for our family, often there are 3 or 4 of us in there.
Harlean and I have a motto that we say to each other almost daily- "one day at a time" I tell her that every time I go in to see her. I know she hears me, but once again I know it is all in His hands.
Thanks again for all your prayers and keep them coming,
Love, Diane and family

Hi to all,
The Dr. informed us last night that my sister has done all she can do on her own, her stats have gone up a little all week and she has leveled off, so he doesn't want her to slide down hill, he told us when she leveled off, he would do surgery.
That time has come. She will have open heart surgery this morning at 7:30, most likely a 6 hour surgery or more...This is it, this strong amazing woman is going to come out swinging, or not. I know 100% in my heart that it's in God's hands. And I know she is a fighter, I know she loves God, and I know she has hundreds who love her.....please keep her in your prayers this morning. I will let you all know when I can how the surgery goes. Love you all, so thankful for wonderful family and friends, diane

No comments: