Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Harlean

Thank you for your Prayers!
As most of you know, my beautiful sister-Harlean suffered a major heart attack this week. She is lucky to be alive. She is heavily sedated, on dialysis for kidneys, and a breathing tube. We truly thought we were going to lose her yesterday and the Dr. basically told us there was not much else he could do. They had put in a balloon-pump and her heart rate went way up and her her blood pressure dropped way down, we called in the hospital chaplain and we all held hands and gathered around her bed and prayed (keep in mind, only close family members and only 2 at a time allowed in ICCU) there were 8 of us in there. Within minutes her blood pressure started to go up-God is Good! He gave us hope when we truly had none. Even the nurse told us she thought the prayers had worked.
I can't remember when I have felt so desperate, so scared, so shocked. She has always been there for all of us, our rock, my sister, my mother, my best friend, on Easter we had a huge family dinner and she was showing us her hula moves from the dance lessons she took on her last cruise. Then in the course of a few days and being sick-she is fighting for her life. A rug was truly jerked out from under us. But she made it through the night and her numbers are stable as I write this. Today they did another procedure called a TTE, where they put a camera down her esophagus and could check out the damage done to her heart, there was a significant tear and by a miracle the blood that leaked actually sealed itself, which is why she is alive. The Dr. said most people would not have survived this. The tear is in a very tricky spot behind the heart and they will eventually have perform heart surgery to patch the tear, which is scary, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Right now the thought of her having surgery is good news to me-it means she will still be here and needs it.
I know God has a plan for all of us and as much as I believe that, I want this to by my plan. I want her to heal, get better and be here with me for the next 50 years! But I know it is His plan, His will, His decision. I think we have hundreds of people praying for her and I know they are working. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I do know that she is here today because God has heard our prayers. Please keep them coming.
I will try to keep you all up to date,
love, Diane

No comments: