Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Sissy....

Wow, what a few days! 5/19/11
Harlean is fully awake, breathing on her own and starting to eat soft foods. She even had a frozen yogurt today! She is definitely on the road to recovery. She is still very weak and it is going to take time. They are going to move her out of ICU tomorrow, but she will still be in the cardio unit....one day at a time.
Again, thank you for all your prayers and keep them coming. She has a lot of work to do. Truly, we could not have gotten through this without all your prayers and support and without The Lord.
Love you all, diane

Greetings Once Again Prayer Warriors, 5/17/11
Sorry it has been so long, but it has been a very hard time, and with each day we have gone through every emotion you can imagine. While everything pertaining to her heart and vital organs are healing and doing well, she has been out and not coming around as soon as we would have liked, needless to say we were scared she was not going to come out of it, then yesterday she started to open her eyes and blink a little.
I was the first one there this morning, and her eyes were both wide open! She looked at me as if to say "where have you been" and "get me out of here" , she is still on a breathing tube, so cannot speak, but she held my hand and squeezed when I asked her to, wiggled her beautiful toes when I asked her to, nodded yes when I asked her if she knew who I was.....I cannot describe the joy I felt, it was like she came back to us! Through the day as each family member and friend came in she knew who they were by nodding yes. All the doctors and nurses were very happy as well, all agreed she is a miracle. She is very weak and has a long road ahead of her, but we are going to enjoy and wallow in the fact that we had her with us today....she may get the breathing tube out tomorrow.....that will be huge! Please continue to pray, but also remember to give Thanks! Love you all, diane

No comments: