Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Contentment

"I encourage you to be content with who you are. That does not mean that you cannot make progress and continually improve, but when you allow other people to become a law (rule or regulation), you are continually disappointed. God will never help you be someone else. Remember that being "different" is good; it is not a bad thing. Celebrate your uniqueness and rejoice in the future God has planned for you. Be confident and start enjoying you!" Joyce Meyer
I have been reading a lot about being content these days...I am so guilty of looking ahead, being hurried, wanting tomorrow, or next week, month, year to get here for whatever reason. When you live like that the next thing you know is that time has arrived, and then you look back and say where did all that time go?
CONTENT, I will be content with this season of my life now. I will give thanks everyday for what I have, with all that I have been blessed with, not whine about what I don't have or want. I have been trying to say this to myself every morning. I say it and mean it...however by noon I am once again jumping ahead...wish I....maybe I...think I should...can't wait for...Oh well, I'm trying, at least I'm content for a few hours each day, that's a start. :)

No comments: