Sunday, July 25, 2010

20 Is Now 30......

Actually maybe 25, I've dropped a few.
Okay people, I have been wanting to lose 20 lbs for about 5 years now. And in the last 6 months, I have gained another 10, so there you have it 30 lbs! This is so hard for me to even grasp! I was the skinniest girl in my class.....every class! Elementary, Middle, and High School! I was also the skinniest of my fiends in College....Even after 2 kids, I was skinny, probably up to about 38 years old....then came "I'd like to lose 5 lbs, I said that for a good 5 years, then eight, then 10, then 15....and on and on and on.
I am a broken record, I can hardly listen to myself anymore, I'm sure no one else can either....it's time to shit or get off the pot! (sorry) So my beautiful skinny daughter, who as most of you know ran track in college....tells me to run a marathon, NO WAY, I can't even bring myself to think about that...torture, then she says 1/2 marathon....hmmmm....13 miles? NO WAY! I have to be realistic...a 10K that's for me...I know I can do it, I've done them before. NO, what a whimp, I need a challenge, one that makes me run, and train hard....I found it, a 15K-9 miles....I think I could do that? I don't know-scary....maybe, pray for me. :)

No comments: