Friday, October 9, 2009

Doom & Gloom.....Put on a Happy Face

Cloudy here today, it actually snowed yesterday...melted as it touched the ground, but none the less, they were flakes....Ugh! That's the GLOOM.....I have become a political junkie, I have the news on 24/7 (except for Seinfeld and a few other shows). My husband is getting annoyed at me.....too much news! I'm sure he's right, he always is. But these are troubling times, we need to get educated on what's going on around us.....so depressing. Nothing but DOOM! He says when you listen to it over and over and over and over.....get my picture? Things start looking very bleak, he's right. There is much to be thankful for, lots of good people out there doing good stuff....I know. And I am thankful for so many things, God is good. Okay, put on a happy face, get ready for work, guess I'll get my winter clothes out :-( Oh oh.....wait, Fox News just reported....unemployment up again, Iran still building nuclear plants, mercury in flu-shots, stop, do what my hubby does, turn on the NFL channel.....escape to football land.....easy for him, the only teams I follow are not doing well (I won't mention any names) sorry boys......TGIF, is it too early for a cocktail? Where the heck is my Happy Face, I'll find it.....somewhere....

2 comments:

MommaRu said...

Remember God is in control. But we need to pray for our nation.

Chels said...

Mother....you are going to kill yourself literally by watching all this gloom... I read something good yesturday...if you do good to other people, you eventually begin to realize that there is good in the world, because you are surrounding yourself with the good. Our nation will always be messed up! even when its good, politics are always bad, and there is always somehting to argue about. You should limit yourself :) Cause you have to be around a long long long time. Just watch enough for your blog ;)