Saturday, October 24, 2009

If you have a Hubby, hug him.....

This little sweet story takes place in the ABC Dept. store. My home away from home lately. A nice middle aged lady said she wanted a new scent. So I was helping her, making light conversation. She told me she usually wore Delicious by DKNY, it's actually one of my favorites, we talked a little more, she had been shopping and bought a few new tops, jacket, said she thought she should change her fragrance. She sniffed out a few more, then we went to the DKNY section, she smelled the Delicious, I showed her a great gift set with free lotion in it, and told her if she really liked maybe she should stick with it......its hard for many people to find a new scent. She said I was right, she loved it and didn't really want to change...we sprayed some on, she teared up and looked me in the eyes....."you see my husband bought me this every Christmas, and he died a few months ago. Of course, way too much for me to handle (Mrs. cries at EVERYTHING). I teared up......but managed to tell her she was making the right choice, she loves that scent and although a painful reminder, its also a wonderful memory. She smiled and seemed so relieved......she really wanted more of that perfume, she just needed someone to tell her it was okay. I gave her some samples and a free tote with her purchase, she showed me the clothes she bought, she was lonely. She was so sweet and it was a milestone for her to come in and buy that perfume, but when she left she was happy and so glad that she had not switched. After she left I kept thinking about her, I realized how lucky I was to still have my TV addicted, remote hugging, where's my keys? wonderful guy.......hugs and kisses cowboy...luv ya

No comments: